Get Your Smile Back with Quick Toothache Relief
Dr. Sunitha Sirivolu dentist in Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, FL understands how difficult it is to function with tooth pain, with her gentle touch she can get you out of pain for good. Dr. Sirivolu and Staff make your experience easy and affordable which will make you want to smile again. When you take care of the toothache early on, you avoid bigger problems later - saves you money and prevents more pain.
Call Your Wellington, Royal Palm Beach Dentist
Today 561-795-7668 to
Get Quick Relief from the Tooth Pain
Book an Appointment Now
A toothache is a pain in or around a tooth that may be caused by:
- Tooth decay
- Abscessed tooth
- Problems with old caps (crowns)
- Tooth fracture
- A damaged filling
- Repetitive motions, such as chewing gum or grinding teeth
- Infected gums
- Recently placed caps or temporary caps, fillings if they need adjustments
Symptoms of a toothache may include:
- Tooth pain that may be sharp, throbbing, or constant. In some people, pain results only when pressure is applied to the tooth.
- Swelling around the tooth
- Fever or headache
- Foul-tasting drainage from the infected tooth
If you have severe tooth pain or are experiencing a dental emergency, call your Wellington, Royal Palm Beach dentist, Dr. Sunitha Sirivolu 561-795-7668, to find out if you need to be seen immediately.
When Should I See the Dentist Near Me about a Toothache?
See your dentist in Wellington, Royal palm beach as soon as possible about your toothache if:
- You have a toothache that lasts longer than 1 or 2 days
- Your toothache is severe
- You have a fever, earache, or pain upon opening your mouth wide
- You’re not able to sleep at night
- You have pain when eating and/or sensitivity to hot or cold drinks
Proper identification and treatment of dental infections is important to prevent its spread to other parts of the face and skull and possibly even to the bloodstream. Do not put off your visit to the dentist in Wellington, Royal Palm Beach to rule out any complications that might arise from your toothache.
What Happens When I Go to the Dentist Near Me for a Toothache?
To treat your toothache, Dr. Sirivolu will first obtain your medical history and conduct a physical exam. She will ask you questions about the pain, such as when the pain started, how severe it is, where the pain is located, what makes the pain worse, and what makes it better. She will examine your mouth, teeth, gums, jaws, tongue, throat, sinuses, ears, nose, and neck. X-rays may be taken as well as other tests, depending on what Dr. Sirivolu suspects is causing your toothache.
Tooth Pain Solutions
The right solution for your tooth pain will depend on your Wellington, Royal Palm Beach dentist diagnosis of the source of the problem. Dental repairs could include:
- Root canal therapy: If you undergo root canal therapy to repair an abscessed or infected tooth, the pulp of the tooth is removed, and the canals thoroughly cleaned so pain is eliminated.
- Dental crown: After root canal therapy or the removal of extensive, a dental crown is often put in place to protect the tooth from further damage or bacteria while also restoring the appearance of the tooth.
- Tooth-colored filling: If tooth decay is not severe and has not infected the pulp and root of the tooth, eliminating decay and filling the tooth can often resolve the pain.
- Tooth extraction: If a tooth is so compromised or severely traumatized that it cannot be fixed with a filling and root canal therapy is not a guaranteed solution, extraction (followed by dental implant) is a sure route to eliminating tooth pain.
- Periodontal therapy: When your gums are so infected that they’re causing tooth pain and damaging your teeth, gum disease therapy restores the foundation of your oral health so you are prepared for restorative dentistry or cosmetic dentistry solutions.
- Dental bridge: If a tooth needs to be extracted or has been so damaged or loosened that it falls out, a dental bridge can cover the gap.
- Dental implant: A dental implant is a permanent solution that not only takes the place of a tooth that has been lost or extracted, it replaces the tooth root of a missing tooth and keeps the jaw stimulated and healthy.
See your Wellington, Royal Palm Beach toothache dentist ASAP. In the meantime, use these home remedies to get short-term relief. Book My Appointment Now
Home Remedies for Toothache Pain
- Salt water rinse - is a natural disinfectant and help reduce inflammation and heal any oral wounds. To use this approach, mix 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) of salt into a glass of warm water and use it as a mouthwash.wounds. To use this approach, mix 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) of salt into a glass of warm water and use it as a mouthwash.
- Hydrogen peroxide rinse - helps to relieve pain and inflammation. In addition to killing bacteria, it can reduce plaque and heal bleeding gums. Make sure you properly dilute the hydrogen peroxide. To do this, mix 3 percent hydrogen peroxide with equal parts water and use it as a mouthwash. Don’t swallow it.
- Cold compress – help to relieve any pain you’re experiencing, especially if any type of trauma has caused your toothache. When you apply a cold compress, it causes the blood vessels in the area to constrict. This makes pain less severe. The cold can also reduce any swelling and inflammation. To use this approach, hold a towel-wrapped bag of ice to the affected area for 20 minutes at a time. You can repeat this every few hours.
- Garlic - For thousands of years, garlic has been recognized and used for its medicinal properties. Not only can it kill harmful bacteria that cause dental plaque, but it can also act as a pain reliever. To use this, crush a garlic clove to create a paste and apply it to the affected area. You may wish to add a tiny bit of salt. Alternatively, you can slowly chew a clove of fresh garlic.
- Vanilla extract - contains alcohol, which can help to numb pain. Its proven antioxidant properties also make it an effective healer. To use this, dab a small amount of vanilla extract onto your finger or a cotton ball. Apply it directly to the affected area a few times per day.
Call Your Wellington, Royal Palm Beach Dentist 561-795-7668 to
Relieve Your Tooth Pain and to Get Your Smile Back
Book My Appointment Now