Considering orthodontic treatment? Dr. Sunitha Sirivolu and Dr. Manoj Patel, the experienced dentists at Family Dentist of Palm Beach in Royal Palm Beach, can determine if Invisalign is an option for you.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic method for straightening teeth without metal brackets or wires. Instead, Invisalign utilizes removable custom trays to straighten and align your smile. The aligner trays are worn over the top and bottom rows of teeth. On average, it takes about 12 months to move teeth into their final desired positions.
How does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign works similarly to braces, i.e. by gently exerting force on the teeth to move them. A specialized software program is used to create several sets of custom aligner trays for each patient. Each set of trays is worn for a few weeks at a time and is designed to move the teeth closer to the desired position. The trays can be removed to eat, brush, and floss, but should be worn for a minimum of 20 hours each day to achieve the best results.
Is Invisalign for teens or adults?
Invisalign is an effective teeth straightening option for both teens and adults. Previously, the aligner trays were best suited for adults. However, Invisalign treatment now includes special eruption tabs and compliance indicators for teen patients. The skilled dentists at our office in Royal Palm Beach can determine if Invisalign is an option for you or your teen.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
There are several benefits to straightening your smile with Invisalign. Some of the major benefits include:
- Discreet — The aligner trays are so clear that they are barely noticeable to others.
- Comfortable — Trays are made from a plastic material that is soft and flexible.
- Removable — The aligner trays can be removed as needed for up to a few hours each day.
- Better Oral Hygiene — Trays can be removed to brush and floss, making it easier to maintain better oral hygiene.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection — For patients with bruxism, the aligner trays protect teeth from being worn down due to frequent grinding.
- More Dietary Choices — Since the trays can be removed to eat, it is still possible to eat a wide range of foods.
Invisalign is an exciting option for straightening and aligning your smile. Speak with Dr. Sirivolu or Dr. Patel to learn more about Invisalign by calling Family Dentist of Palm Beach in Royal Palm Beach at (561) 795-7668. We are also located in the Lake Worth, Palm Beach area and can be reached there at (561) 582-1911.